In a company that I met with recently, I asked them what are some of the perks of working for their company. At first, there was a dead silence that was quite shocking. I honestly think that they were as shocked as I was. They were shocked because I asked the question and I was shocked because they had no immediate answer.
After the awkward silence, I saw the faces change then, they went into sales mode. I couldn't help but to laugh to myself and think.
- you don't pay the best
- your accommodations are not the best
- you demand a lot
- no bonuses
- no paid time off
And you consider yourself one of the best companies to work for.
Well, a great company that I once worked for had a massage therapist come into the office once a month. You could sign up for a full body or chair massage. And it was totally free! Tips were strictly optional. Now that's a perk, understanding,& appreciation.
