Is my enemy my friend or my enemy?
Many times in business we have to "travel to the mountain top" to get "the answer" to a great problem that plagues us. Where do you go when you don't have the answers? I go to the pros. I go to the best in the industry for the answers. I go to people who have done it for a long time. Sometimes, even if the person never reached the top of the game their longevity speaks volumes. But what I don't do is seek consultation from my competition. I can't ask then " how can I beat you"? Because I don't think that they would really tell me. They might give me some good tips. Let's be ask your self this, this past weekend there were tons of auto sales taking place. On Tuesday after the sales were over, did Nissan go over to Hyundai and say, hey I heard that you had a rough weekend. The numbers weren't so good. We did great. Can I show you how to beat us next time? No! It will never happen as long as they are competing.
