Friday, November 2, 2012

Business Solutions

   Every day, it seems like our lives just get busier and busier. Being responsible parents and responsible business people we work so hard so that we do not miss a step or so that we are not bogged down by one task for too long. How can we do it? How do we stay on top of things? We do it with careful planning. Just the other day, I consulted a businessman who is working really hard to get his business booming but, as business is picking up he has less and less time for other parts of the business. Frantically, he camed to me and asked me what to do. I just turned to him and said, plan plan plan!So, we took a look at his schedule and mapped out time for him to do the writing and admin work that he needs. I also suggested two tools that will help.
   I suggested that he try the Hootsuite app which will allow him to post to his social networks and it will even let him schedule ahead what he will post on another day. So, if he has admin time on Monday, he can write and schedule out all of his post for the week. This way all of the essentials are covered.

   Then, if he has any more free time he can always do more. The next tool that I suggested was a page manager for FB. This will allow him to make post and manage his page from a phone or tablet.
   Helping these guys reminded me of first sales coach who would always peak his head in my office and ask what I was doing. Then, he would always quote Zig Ziglar by saying "plan your work and work your plan." Those words are true to today and I was glad to pass the help on! There are business tools all around us that can make our lives easier. You just have to search for them.

Keep going!