Tuesday, November 20, 2012

2012 Series - You hold the answer to the question!

The other day, I had a meeting with a client. Later that day, I trained a client. Then, the next day a client asked me a question that was similar to the questions that they other two had asked. So, this time I took a slightly different approach to helping them discover the answer. I started with a myriad of questions getting more specific as we went on. Toward the end of my questions, the clients face changed and a smile came to his face. It was at that moment that he realized what I was doing and what he wanted. He had the answer! He had realized that he always had the answer. Up until this point, he had not asked enough questions to help him make a goal and the steps needed to obtain it. Often times, we have the answers and are not aware of it. So, take your time and ask tons of questions. Chances are that you have the answer. Then, if you do not have the answer now, you are more aware of what to ask the person that will help you.