Tuesday, October 23, 2012

How safe do you feel?

Many times, people have asked me how can they protect themselves. A few times while out with friends, they asked if I could protect them or they sid that they felt safer because I was there. Each time I chuckled and just told them. Hey, I can only kick, punch, and block for myself. I'm not a personal safety specialist. I can teach you and train you but, if you need personal safety or security, I can introduce you to people that can help you. In that, there are a ton of things that you can do to be safer in any situation. Here are 5 quick tips. Please keep in mind that there are more than 5 things to keep in mind but, this is a good start.

Quick hits:
- plan ahead (what time of the day are you traveling, what will traffic be like, is your destination safe,etc)
- fitness fitness fitness (Stay in shape! It will help you deal with stress. If you need to run or fight for any amount of time it will help.)
- train first in an art that will focus on self defense and safety
- learn what the local and nat'l laws will allow you to do
- never be ashamed to run

Keep researching, training, & learning